Saturday, May 05, 2007

UB-SIM Orientation Day 2!

What a packed orientation. Way too tiring in my opinion, and I'm sure it's not just my opinion. Everyone was just dead tired at the end of it!

This is what we did. I reported at 7.50-ish at SIM when we only had to report at 8.30am. That's because I was too lazy to catch the bus so I decided to follow the car which resulted in me arriving real early despite stopping for breakfast along the way. But I met John from Communication, Gabriella from comms as well, Cassandra from business admin. Then we entered LT4-04 and waited for the others and we only ended up starting at 9 plus. Next we split into our OG and it was really random. The guys and girls got divided up then we simply numbered ourselves from 1 to 14. TADA! OGs arranged. My OGLs were Lloyd and William, who were real cool and really great OGLs. Honestly just the best. Because there weren't many of us and 14 OGs, each OG had only about 8 people. It was small but nice. My OG consisted of Shi Ting, May, Meredith, Ambrose, Peter, Travers, Shawn and me! Went down to Mind Cafe and we played Express it against the other OG then down to Orchard for games. We had to do real silly things like run around Park Mall and look for stickers in the toilet, 1 member have to count the number of chairs outside Spinneli's while the other team members stay in pushup position outside Heeren, and in case you think it was real few chairs like I did before I went there, there were 114 chairs. We also had to hold this board that had a heart and the words I love UB-SIM. And what we had to do was to collect 20 kisses (lipstick marks) on it. We went outside Taka and basically approached random people. Oh! While playing this game, the president of UB Student Council thought it would be real funny to see how curious people are so a group of us just stood in the middle of the walkway and stared up at the sky for 5 minutes! And it was really hilarious cos after a while people walking past us slowed down and looked to see what we were looking at and a few of them basically stopped and kept looking around. Sooooo funny and we were trying not to laugh. After games, we had to go to Far East to take the bus down to the chalet and the girls got a ride from Lloyd! (:

Went down to the chatlet at about 8/9pm, had dinner and played card games while waiting for activites to start. Lloyd has really interesting playing cards. They were erm... interesting. Talked, play truth or dare, just sat and chill and tried not to feel tired. Starting counting down the number of hours till we could go home after a while and it was depressing when you felt really tired and realised you still had 12 hours to go. Oh yeah. We had to do a forfeit and drink really nasty stuff. But Lloyd and William were so nice and they drank so many cups just so we didn't have to drink them! I felt soooo bad cos it was really horrible and they threw up a lot after that. It was made with all the leftover food, like rice, curry, chilli sauce etc. Night walk after that! We got scared so badly by Alex even before the nightwalk! He told us all the scary stories and in the middle of one, he yelled so loudly that a few people screamed as well! And Alex like made fun of me and keep using my name in his stories. So freaky ogay! He was saying never ever mention your name during the nightwalk cos you don't want people to go "Caroline... Caroline." Gah! I wasn't allowed to walk the night walk because I was having my period and I don't know what they said about it (something like you are more likely to meet/or attract more erm... things) but I wasn't allowed. So I stayed in the chalet and waited for the rest to come back. My OG didn't come back till pass 6am in the morning and I was so tired from waiting up all night for them. They thought I would go sleep but I didn't! I was awake all the time ogay. Debrief, pack, and then we left at about 7 i think. Lloyd sent Shi Ting, Shawn and May home. Meredith, Peter, William and I walked pretty far out to try and get a cab but we called for one in the end. We didn't want to wait for the bus which was only coming at 8.45am earliest. So sent Meredith home, then Peter, then William and I dropped at bishan. We were all so tired from not sleeping for more than 24 hours (and not just not sleeping but doing a lot of activites!) that all of us boarded the cab and then fell asleep pretty fast!

So that's that! Orientation is over and it was okay. Tertiery education is really really different and halfway through I really wanted to go back to post-secondary life. You get to meet a lot of different people and life is not as sheltered anymore. School starts on monday and I am actually looking forward to it.

I'm still really tired and pretty much in a daze. I really wanted to sleep but then I was telling myself that I had to go down to LOC. I'm glad I went because I don't know why, but despite being really tired and dead, I enjoyed myself and felt happy. Went to dinner and ate with Adelene, Irene and Elaine. It was nice! Talked and laughed a lot. (: Cheered up alot there.

I need sleep really badly now. Sleeeeeep!

Just when I thought everything was okay again and returning back to normal, we had another confrontation. ):

No comments: