First day of lessons today! I had ESL 407 (Advanced Written English and Reading 1) and MTH115 (Survey of Algebra and Trigonometry).
I went to school on my own today and I didn't get lost! Arrived at the atrium and tried to read the eBoard for my classroom but I couldn't find my module on it. So because I arrived really early, I just wandered around and then I met May. We decided to go back to the atrium to take a look at the eBoard again. Went there and I managed to find where we were supposed to go this time! Shawn and Shi Ting arrived and all of them tried looking at the eBoard with not much success! Haha. Then Meredith arrived and she also couldn't read the eBoard at first. It was confuzzling! Anyway, then we decided to go up to the LT for first lecture. It was ESL 407. The lecturer talked blah blah blah, wasn't really listening, then we had a diagnostic test which I think I screwed up. Was assigned to our groups and I'm in group C, separated from the others. Shawn and Shi Ting got into group G together. Lucky them.
After ESL, it was lunch! We went to the food court and it was real packed, and so was the Cafe. So because we had a 3 hour break, the 5 of us decided to walk to Ngee Ann Poly for lunch. Went to the cafeteria at block 72, ate and then we decided to go back to SIM where there's air con because we couldn't stand the heat. But when we got back, we roamed nearly the entire building (well, the air conditioned parts) and we couldn't find an empty table to sit at, so then after walking for quite a long time, we decided to just plant ourselves along the corridor outside LT4.06. Waited waited and waited and finally it was 3.45pm! Shawn, Meredith and I went for MTH115 while Shi Ting went for her COM101. The maths lecturer was quite amusing but sometimes we really don't get what he's saying! Started on the first topic and there's work already. And whoever thought I had the easy way out/slackerish route is majorly wrong. Today's first day of lesson and I have a math test next week already. Scary eh! Got put into group C for maths tutorial! Shawn keeps harping on it and saying he can't believe how unlucky I am. Here's the story.
During our 3 hour break while we were just sitting along the corridor, we decided to scrutinise our timetable and realised that on thursday, we have Theory of Music at 9.00-10.30am and then maths tutorial later. And Shawn was saying we have to pray for Group A because then the break is shorter and we can go home earlier. Whoever gets into group C should just kill themselves. And I got into Group C! Which means for now, until my microeconomics classes start, I'm going to have a 6.5 hour break in between my music class and my math tutorial! GAH! That's how horrible my timetable is. Furthermore on mondays, I have 5.5 hour break in between my 2 classes too. Oh well, somehow I'm still not feeling too affected by it. I keep telling myself that it's only 14 weeks till I get my next timetable! But we came up with a solution (Besides the going home to sleep first then returning to school. I know that as the semester passes, I would not return for my next class if I do go home!). I was saying I didn't bring my laptop to school today because I had the super heavy MTH115 textbook and the ESL407 textbook to bring. So now we have decided to just leave our textbooks at home and bring our laptops! Laptops are more important because then we have entertainment during our breaks! Tsk tsk! The stuff we think about.
Okay, I shall be a good student and read my math textbook and start on the 1982736821 questions we have to do. Yay for a good start and self discipline. Focus on a good GPA, focus on the scholarship!
No comments:
Post a Comment