Today must be woozy brain day. I'm really not thinking properly and finding it especially difficult to put what I have in my mind into words.
Completed my journal response to the "Only Daughter' article in the morning and it took me quite long. Not because I didn't have anything to write but I couldn't think how to write them all out properly. But I managed to do it in the end. This time my journal response is way more in tune with what the article is about. I titled my journal response 'Gender Preference Bringing About Gender Imbalance' and talked about sex selection basically. For my last journal response, I wrote about the influences of celebrities and their responsibilities to youths and the general public... sounds like a pretty intellectual topic yeah? Except the article that I was responding to is about sunglasses ('How Sunglasses Spanned the World'). Ha!
I'm still not behind in my work except I really got to start on my english essay which is due on monday. It's a 5 page essay okay! My weekend is going to be essay week. It's not that I don't want to start writing, but I can't think of an event in my life which caused such a big change in the way I act or think to fill up 5 pages! The actual question is: Write about a personal experience that took place one moment in your life, and that changed how you you acted, thought or felt from that moment on. It might be an encounter with a person or overcoming an obstacle/challenge. 5 pages? Clear thesis statement with relevant support? Help!!
MTH115 lecture today and I'm proud to say we didn't play Hangman. I did work this time while Shawn and Meredith listened to what Dr. Li was saying. That day someone sitting on my left commented on how we are all paying an average of $2000-plus per month to sit around and play during lectures. Ouch! But hey! At least I wasn't on my laptop playing DOTA or whatever games they are playing.
My ECO182 lecturer is pretty interesting. But I forsee this module being my toughest one this semester. ): The assessment criteria is so strict. He marks our assignments randomly, meaning if he gives us 10 questions he won't mark all 10 but choose at random. So let's say out of the 10 you didn't know how to do question 3 and 4, and those two questions are the ones he will be marking, you'll be getting zero for that assignment! So even if you did, but got them wrong, you'll still be getting zero. GAH! So tough ogay! Especially when you need to score on assignment to get a good GPA. And besides the 6 scheduled quizes, he's giving us surprise quizzes whenever he feels like it. We're having ECO182 quizzes every week without the surprise quizzes. So we'll be having ECO tests like twice a week? My goodness.
I'm most probably meeting 19 tomorrow! (: Got to rush down after my last lesson with my stupid heavy books and laptop though.
And it rained today. ((: It was so sunny and bright for the entire morning and early afternoon. Then suddenly the sky was soo overcast and down came the rain, heavy and wet. But as suddenly as it came, the rain stopped falling and the sky was all bright again! I took it as it was raining just for me at that time. With the rain, came my answer. It was the best answer I've ever received. Better than any answer anyone could have given me, better than anything I can come up with myself. And I'm happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment