Sunday, July 29, 2007

When you're blinded by yourself.

Because I have too many thoughts in my head to write coherently in paragraphs, I shall seek the help of numberings today.

1) Only 1 more week left to final exams! Dear me, please study! I know you still have assignments that are due soon, but maybe you can start revising too?
2) I conclude that I cannot sing hokkien song. I gave my aunts and cousin a sneak preview yesterday and they were majorly amused and couldn't stop laughing.
3) I learnt why the stall owners never understood me whenever I ask for a bottle of water in mandarin. It's because it's yi ping shui, not yi guan shui as I always say. But honestly, guan sounds like bottle doesn't it?
4) I also learnt that Dino was named so because his parents were watching Flintstones and decided to call him Dino. Uber coolness!
5) I'm gonna watch NDP on the actual day itself at the floating platform. Nearly said stadium when I realised it's not at the stadium this year.
6) I had a blinding migraine yesterday. It was so bad I had to really force myself to keep my eyes open as I walked home because the bright lights from the street lamps were unbearable.
7) Random screws fell out of my roller-chair. I hope it's still safe to sit on.
8) RAH! It's not my fault okay?
9) My cousin and aunts are very imaginative. Please! Don't have!
10) I should be tired more often because despite only 4 hours of sleep the night before, I paid attention to Dr. Hasnat throughout the entire lecture, something which I have only managed to do like twice so far this entire semester. I know Cassandra though I was a little out of my mind. Haha. It's a good thing though because I have so many chapters to catch up with already.

Sometimes, when we're feeling down, it seems like our problem is the only thing that matters. It's probably in our nature to magnify problems and to throw ourselves little pity parties. But when we truly look around ourselves through untainted glasses, we realise that there are other people around who are in more dire situations than we are in. We could be berating others for not showing concern for us when we think they should, but then because we are so caught up with ourselves, we could be depriving others of our concern as well. Isn't it sad that it's often too late when we realise that there are people who could do with our care? The sad fact of life is that we age too quickly, but we gain wisdom too slowly. I guess I'm beginning to understand what it means to put others before you.

No comments: