Hohoho. Today's service was so entertaining! We had a guest speaker and he's so animated and funny and had us laughing all the time. (: Today was also my first time being on duty as part of the welcome team, giving out bulletins, urshering, passing the offertory bag and urshering for communion. I also got to sit in a 7-seater car today! Adelene's father drove so 8 of us went down to causeway point after that in his car. Halfway there, Adelene suddenly realised that we forgot Joel and left him behind after asking him along for lunch. And none of us had his number. Uh huh...
I'm reading about the Greek civilization now and I'm just on the part about Spartans. A whole load of work to do. DIE! I should stop sidetracking and CONCENTRATE and FULLY UTILIZE my time.
Just after I said I must fully utilize my time, I'm abandoning my book to go eat popiah! I'm so good at sticking to my words. *nods wisely*
Do you know that Spartans means "highly, self-disciplined"? That's because Sparta established a military state and all the boys were taken away at 7 to live in military-style barracks under harsh discipline. And lives of Sparta were rigidly organized and tightly controlled. The men also remained in military until they were 60 years old! I must try to be like a Spartan! I must be highly self-disciplined.
No comments:
Post a Comment