Thursday, August 23, 2007

Just a restless person rambling on and on...

I'm bored. Maybe it's a good thing that school's starting on Monday again. That's the nice side of having a short 2 weeks break - That you can just rest and not do anything constructive and you don't have to feel bad about it.

Anyway, Dad bought a new printer and we tried printing a photo! But before we could print the photo, we had to have a photo right? So then, my siblings and I decided that we would take one on the spot, in my room, on my bed. Out came the camera, the adjustments and finding the right placement for it, the posing and then click! Okay, done. Done? Far from done! The photo was always out of place (We have to move closer together!), too bright (Turn off the flash! It makes us looks red!), too low (Place the camera lower!) etc. It sure took us a long time until my Dad, who grew tired of waiting, shouted to us from the living room outside and asked if we were ready. Why didn't we just ask our Dad to take a photo for us, I do not know. But that's the fun of it I guess. We finally settled for one (taken with the camera being placed lower done, us moving closer together and the flash turned off), and then off we went to the printer to print. It sure took a long time to print the photo! But when it came out it was sooo dark that we all started commenting "WHO said to turn off the flash!". Ha! But the photo is now proudly displayed on my sister's wall. (: What excitement a new printer can bring.

And when I thought I could finally settle for a less exciting night in front of the computer screen or lazing in bed with a book, my dad came up to my room and told me to go see a BIG grasshopper/praying mantis thing that's on top of his car. He sure looked amazed but silently I wondered how huge could it be. On second thought, maybe I wasn't so silent in my thoughts and expressed my doubts rather loudly. But jumping jellybeans! That creature was humongous! After trying to turn on the lights in the car porch by flicking a million switches (I can never remember which switch is for what) and trying to sneak up to that thing to capture some evidence, it got startled by me and flew (FLEW! That thing flies!) into the living room! It scared me so bad when it took flight (I mean when have you seen a large grasshopper/praying mantis look alike thing fly? I was still wondering if it could move with it being so huge!) that I emitted a rather loud scream which earned me a disapproving look and 'lecture' from my dad about how I shouldn't scream so loudly at night and disturb other people. I must have screamed pretty loudly too, to have my sister running down from upstairs asking what happened as she's heard me from the room. Anyway, after my hurried apologies for my scream we went into the house rather frantically to locate that creature. I was moving cautiously around the furnitures because I didn't want it flying at me again. But we didn't manage to find it. I certainly hoped it flew out this morning otherwise, it means it's still somewhere in the house. Here's evidence about its size!


Doesn't look too big eh? Look again! (No zooming at all!)


What an exciting night!

Speaking of exciting, Star and I did another exciting thing the other day. One fine Saturday morning, we decided that it would be a nice morning to go for a walk. But then we decided to do a more exciting thing and go for a ride in Dad's car! That dog certainly knows what I plan to do without me telling her. She got all excited and even jumped right into the car when I opened it to take something out. She never jumps into the car. And then she refused to get out, so after trying for a while to get her to come out (it wasn't time to leave yet) I just let her be and told her she could stay in there if she wants and I just went into the house. Well, that got her out.


She looks so stern and serious here! But so pretty and gorgeous. (:


You can see evidence of her ageing already. She's getting old!

A couple more hours till I got to leave for Mind Cafe! Wooooooots!

No comments: