Sunday, August 12, 2007

AAB!

Last year, this day, I would have finished my morning technique class and probably going for lunch in the cafeteria, before going back to the dorm to pack for rehearsal. Then I would be on the stage, warming up with the other dancers before our final rehearsal and big performance. I remember the adrenaline rush, all the mucking about back stage, all the warming up, all the peeking out of the wings, then having my parents fly in to NY to watch me, the last night in the dormitory, the packing of my things and clearing up the room. I also remember thanking Kirsten my house mum and Angie the nurse and saying goodbye to many people! Finally the next morning, I remember taking off the sheet off the bed and returning them to the laundry room and then waiting for my parents at the door with my luggage and saying goodbye to Danielle. I remember walking out of the campus with a heavy heart. A year ago on this day, it was my last day at American Academy of Ballet. ):

No comments: