Friday, August 24, 2007

Eyebags?

Merde! I see eyebags! Eyebags while on a holiday? Who gets eyebags while on a break from school! Me, that's who! I haven't been able to sleep through the night since sometime last week. And I forgot to stop at a 7-eleven to buy something that will let me sleep through the night. But I happen to know that there's a bottle of red wine chilling in the fridge. Hmm... How enticing. Okay, I just settled for a rather nice and comforting cup of Milo instead.

Oh yes, that huge grasshopper (My dad insists it's a grasshopper) has resurfaced a couple of times now. And yes, it's still somewhere in the house. I have no idea why it doesn't fly out. It can't be lost can it? I will gladly put up arrows and signs to direct it to one of the doors or windows! But I have decided to leave it alone so as to not add to its distress, and mine too.

It's rather cool to hear a group of girls having a Macbeth discussion in chinese. And to hear stuff like "It's from the part where he said... organising... Banquo's son... cong na bian ta jiu bu shuang le". Those ellipses just means my memory is failing. Anyway, when I heard them from the kitchen, the first thing I thought about was how interesting is the contrast between the speeches of discussion and the language of the text that they are discussing about. It's quite intriguing in a way isn't it? The everyday, rojak language of us people, and the intricate words and carefully crafted language of Shakespeare's work. Okay, I think I'm just being downright weird. It's just the lack of sleep, I promise. Doesn't help that I have to wake up before 6am tomorrow morning to say goodbye to my dad. I really should sleep now.

No comments: