Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Dum-ba-di-dum!

My precious 2 weeks holiday is coming to an end soon which means the starts of another long 3.5 months of school. But this break has been good and stuff have been happening.

1) I went singing at Partyworld (I think!) yesterday! My very first time going to a ktv place and it's quite fun. We found out that I do know quite a number of songs except I never know the title of them. So someone has to start singing a bit of it. But then again, I mostly only know the chorus or a line or two from having heard the song from somewhere before! And since we all know that I can't read chinese very fast/well, it means I usually stop in the middle of a song which resulted in Brina being VERY amused.

2) I have been thinking about it all day but I still can't remember what I did last friday! I *think* I did something but somehow it's as if that day didn't even exist or something. my memory is getting very bad.

3) Results are out! Thanks to smart people (whoever they are) who found out that we could actually get them via the UBlearns website and Shawn who informed us. I'm happy and thankful yet there's a strange feeling to it, which is not uncommon. It's the weird thing about how I would feel horribly disappointed when I don't do well but worry when I do do well. Doesn't make sense does it?

4) Got called a freak quite a number of times but they meant it in a good way (I hope!). Funniest thing was how Balls exclaimed "Freak!" after I told him about it. -_-"

5) My chinese is improving (just don't ask me to write an essay or anything). I actually would have taken chinese as one of my modules next semester but I can't fit it into my timetable as it clashes with my other classes and anyway, it was more than the maximum number of credit hours allowed for one semester. Oh well, 5 modules is more than enough!

6) I watched a whole Hong Kong series in Cantonese! Since I don't understand Cantonese, it meant I had to read the subtitles which were in traditional chinese characters. Honestly, most of the time I can't catch the subtitles in time and I would just let it pass if I think I can do without that bit of information. But many times, I actually had to rewind, pause the screen frame by frame so I can read the words. And I have to admit, I actually fast forwarded many parts which I think were just blabberings. Blabber blabber! But it was interesting and I shall go find more shows to watch!

7) Just because seven is a nice number! (:

Dum-ba-di-dum!

No comments: