Thursday, August 16, 2007

Able to forget?

Today marks my one year return to Singapore.

Where is the heart that does not keep
Within its inmost store
Some fond remembrance hidden deep
Of days that are no more? - Anon.


It has been a good one year, and I often think it as one of the most momentous and, in a sense, best year I've ever had so far (trying hard to find an apt description here!). So many things happened in the last year. From desperately finding a school, to preparing for SPERS, getting into TJC, going to LOC and then leaving TJC to start in UB/SIM. If I were to describe the year, I would liken it to a rollercoaster ride. What would you call a year where you had really down times but also really good times?

One of the most precious gifts God has given us is the ability to remember. There are plenty of hurts and disappointments in life that we should forget. But good memories become a treasure chest of priceless reminders of relationships shared and joys experienced.
-Our Daily Bread: Able to Forget?

To say I don't miss the Middle East anymore would be a lie. However, I don't miss it as much anymore. Dragging out the photo album which I made and proudly titled "Life in the Middle East" and looking through it (Actually if you flip all the way to the end, there's the america part as well. :P), I can only say I'm thankful for the time spent there and all the precious memories. I'm glad I remember. (:

No comments: