
Just Gold, without the honours. It's pretty heartbreaking to have heard that. Yesterday in the Theatrette, I came so close to crying when we were all just sitting there in silence. First I felt upset wondering if maybe I could have done more to help clinch the Gold with Honours. Then unjust and anger started to sink in. But then I remembered myself saying as long as we gave our best, I'll take the results as it is. And I know all of us gave our best on stage.
Preparing for this particular SYF has been an amazing experience. From dance audition to SYF audition, to having an intensive dance practice the day after SYF audition and having to remember all the steps in 4 hours! Then the bruises and scratches, all the pirouette-ing in front of the mirror, the nervousness when first getting blocked and dancing in front of Zaki! The costume which I grew to love and of course my dear mask which we all fondly know as Stupid now. (:
Being part TJC Modern Dance Club and the SYF team has been really nice and I'm thankful for it. As the preparation for SYF goes on, I grew so much more closer to my seniors and dance mates. Yesterday I wanted to thank them all for making my time in modern dance club so fun but I knew if I opened my mouth, I would have started crying.
So to all my seniors and dance mates (whoever reads this!), thank you so much for such an amazing time! I love everything about this team, the spirit that we have and the determination we displayed. Everyone gave their best at all times. I feel really proud to have been part of the SYF team. It wasn't easy as a year 1 starting only in mid January, but all the endless help, encouragement, support and just all the fun made it so much easier. THANK YOU!
Zaki, Miss Wee and Miss Ng are all really proud of us, so we should be proud of ourselves too! Stand tall, stand proud! Remember what we've always said, as long as Zaki said it's good, it's good! Dance has always been very subjective! So now, what's done is done and it's not important anymore. No more tears, no more pain. Let's do it one more time and work for Reverie III! There's no gold with honours to work towards for this, this time it's just for passion and love. We'll show everyone that we're really good! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment