I've been spending the entire afternoon writing the profile essay and needless to say, I've failed miserably. I'm less than a third through the essay. It's not as if I've ran out of things to write, it's the how to convey the idea part that always stumps me. And whenever I get stuck, I always wonder why is it that I can ramble on so much but whenever I'm typing my essay, it seems so difficult to type the ideas out?
I'm so freaking far behind in my work. I have psychology lecture tomorrow but I still haven't caught up with what I am already supposed to know. Someone tell me why I go for lectures anyway? It's not as if I listen and learn anything! I know I really should listen, but I guess lectures are just not my thing.
The week started off terribly because of the 4 tests I had, with 3 of them being on the same day. I actually fell asleep while studying for world civilization and then panicked when I woke up in the morning. Thankfully that was the last subject I was studying for, and it was the last test of the day. But I made mistakes that I think shouldn't be made in my ECO181 test and my MTH131 test and I really feel like killing myself. The overall results are still okay and I know I really should go easy on myself, but ARGH!
This week had many first. First PSY101, ECO181, MTH131, UGC111 test of the semester, first weekday cell meeting (that's also my first cell meeting) held at Christina's house (which is also a first), first time seeing the new premise at Woodlands, first time taking Wenfu's car, first time talking to Yining. So many firsts!
Recently it seems that a lot of relationships around me are not going so well. And communication between the two parties, or rather the lack of it always seem to be the problem. But really, I feel that if one cannot be frank with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, who else can you be frank with? And if the relationship is at a stage where the two parties cannot speak freely about what is on their mind, then isn't/won't it be a very superficial relationship? I mean, would each party really know who they are being with? Or do they only know the 'person' that their partner is choosing to reveal? Personally, I feel that not being frank really just exemplifies a lack of trust and commitment. But it might just be me. *shrugs* Relationships are weird things.
No comments:
Post a Comment