TJ Dance audition was held today and boy was it depressing! We were all criticised so badly! Miss Wee said it was the worst audition she ever had, and I must admit it wasn't brilliant. I was shaking so badly during my turn, and my hands were trembling soooo bad at the end of the routine. This is probably the first time I'm so nervous for an audition. But yeah, I got in. Thank goodness! Anyway, 19 out of 50 people were selected, and guess what? She only really wanted 3 out of those 19! How encouraging yeah? First practice with Zaki on Friday, which means I can't go for climbing. I'll probably not go for piano audition too. SCIP interview tomorrow, but honestly, i'm not too bothered. I'm not dying to get in or anything. Ha! Sigh, I'm still depressed about the dance audition. I'm feeling worse than I did before the audition.
I've been questioning, how important is dance in my life at this moment. It has been top priority in my life all these while. I sacrificed sooo much. I danced 5 to 6 times a week for many years and I took it one step further by auditioning and being accepted by AAB in NY! I went, lived the life of a professional dancer and honestly had the best time of my life. My schedule was wake up, shower, get dressed, breakfast, classes, lunch, siesta, classes, dinner, classes. The last class will end about 9pm and then it's shower and sleep. Add in rehearsals when there was performances. It was the same, 6 days a week. But it was fun! I studied under an amazing faculty, some of the most sought after people in the world. David Howard from RB, Phillip Pelger from RB, Brain Loftus from RB, Violette Verdy who was a principal dancer with NYCB, and director of POB, Dean Vollick from NBS, Bettijane Stills from SUNY Purchase (yay!) dance conservatory, Merle Sepel from APBC, Galina Samtsova who was Principal Dancer with Sadler’s Wells Royal Ballet and London Festival Ballet, Steve Rooks (YAY!) who was a Principal Dancer with the Martha Graham Dance Company, Lucia Kuimova from PNB, and of course Ms. Furman, director of AAB! I don't think I left out any of those amazing teachers! I improved so much, but then I left and I didn't do anything to keep it up. Dancing in singapore seems so boring now after AAB. I want to go back and train with the amazing faculty. I want to go back to NY, and be near all those amazing dance schools like Alvin Ailey, SAB, NYCB.. =(
No comments:
Post a Comment