The end of 2008 has silently crept up on me without much announcement. It was only this morning when I truly realized that this is the last day of the year. As I pondered for a moment, I guess I have to say that it being the last moments of the year doesn’t really stir up much emotion in me. However, a little reflecting is always good and with the last half an hour of 2008, let me do just that.
2008 has been good and bad (and of course, that can be said for every year), more good than bad though which I am thankful for.
This year: School was good; results were satisfying, got to know more people and had more fun in general. Family and loved ones and friends are all healthy and safe. I was pretty healthy this year with relatively little visits to the doctor (minus the recent exam week where I burned continuously for an entire week). Star’s getting old but still overly-friendly and good. Recently got back to playing the piano and that has been satisfying as well. I know my way around Singapore a lot more and can get around on my own. Took Basic Theory, Advanced Theory, applied for my PDL but decided not to take driving lessons in Singapore anyway. Attempted to bake and actually enjoying it. Finalized the decision and submitted the UB form (it all seems so real now). Been through the experience where I thought my heart would never recover from. Meeting old friends and catching up. A year of extreme dry period and little faith and even lack of desire, though I still kept my promise of giving up one year. Great inner struggles and challenges between my heart and my rebelling head. The rest of the covenant unfulfilled. Experienced what it’s like to be a female teenager, shopping with friends and talking about well, stuff. Having a great December holiday with friends and alone though we didn’t go away on a family holiday. Thinking and mentality has grown and matured a lot (I feel old) but in a good way.
Glad that I was able to spend the last of 2008 with my family, having dinner, watching a movie and carrying out our tradition of heading down to the airport to have ice cream. And to be able to spend the last hour in solitude playing with my dog, and finally just sitting down to think about the year that has passed.
Not much of a reflection written out here, but sometimes good memories need not always be recorded down. The words used may not justify the beautiful experience and it is beautiful where it is kept, and that is, in the heart.
2008 has been good. Not as life changing and happening as 2007 was but it was still a peaceful and nice year. Goodbye 2008.
2009 will likely be a eventful year in many areas of my life. It should be fun.
Happy and blessed 2009 to all! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment