Friday, December 12, 2008

First week of the holidays!

The first week of holidays are almost over and I have not done anything productive. I was supposed to lock myself at home for the entire first week to pack my room and to really just rest but I've been out every single day except Monday where I spent the entire day studying for my advanced theory test.

My feet are aching now for being stupid enough to wear relatively high heels and walking around orchard for the entire day. Finally met up with Marilyn after 2 years! And the previous time we met before that was 1/2 years before. O.o Anyway, we went to NYDC to eat and talk and remember things from the past! It was fun. Next was shopping where we both bought a book (well, the same book) from Borders and went to walk around Far East next. We shall meet soon again!

The entire Tuesday morning/afternoon was spent at the driving centre which left me angry and so irritated. I officially dislike that place now. Went shopping at the supermarket at night where I realized that not only do I not know where things are placed, there are so many things out there which i don't know what they are for/how they are used for cooking!

I've been thinking about my life these days and I feel quite sad and useless. I realized that so many people around me (especially guys or at least one guy!) can cook/do housework so well! And they are or have earned their own allowances. I can't cook, I don't do housework and I have never worked. I feel depressed thinking about how useless I am. Too spoilt! Geez, all the guys are making me feel bad! The thought has stayed with me that when I had to get a button sewn on, instead of asking my grandmother for help, I asked her to teach me. And when my grandmother wanted to warm some rice up for me, instead of continuing to play the piano, I told her I would do it and so I did! With her supervising of course. Sure, it's not cooking and it's just dumping the rice into the wok and stirring a bit but still, it's a start! I told my grandmother about the guys being able to cook and my grandmother said many, like my grandfather had to cook for themselves since young, which is why they can cook so well. So I bravely told my grandmother that they should stop preparing my share of food each day and that will force me to learn how to cook, for if I don't cook for myself, I have nothing to eat. But good thing my grandmother didn't take me seriously.

If I could read minds, then I would be able to know what people are thinking and I wouldn't be confused all the time. ):

I'm reliving my childhood! By watching Beauty and the Beast and eating chilldhood biscuit. *sings*... BEAUTY AND THE BEAAASSSST!

No comments: