The last few moments in which I still can say "This year..." before I have to change to "The year ahead". 2007 is ending soon and it has passed incredibly fast! It went by so quick that it is slightly hard to believe that tomorrow is 2008 already. In fact, it doesn't even feel like the end of the year yet. It has been a year of change, adapting, meeting new people and making new friends.
2007 consists of:
- Starting school in Temasek Junior College! The 4 months I spent there was fun and re-entering Singapore school didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would be. OG14, CG19/07, TJC Modern Dance Club, SYF, Gamma Cheerleading, Sports Day are all nice memories. Made lots of friends there. (:
- Entering UB and started life as an university student! 2 semesters have passed and it has been great so far! Stressful at times with all the assignments, projects and continous tests/exams but along with it is much fun. Playing pool, shopping at NTUC Finest, going to vivo, playing games, finding new friends!
- Going to LOC now renamed LOCCW and joining Resolute and Welcome team! In fact, one of the most enjoyable time of this year is the months after I started going to LOC. It's great and I love it! The place, the people, the friends.
- Me growing up even more. I started to learn how to get around on my own, started exploring more places and leading a more eventful life than I had compared to the second half of 2006. Compared to when I first came back to Singapore, I have a social life now! I even play in arcades now (maybe only for the last 2 days but at least I did!).
- Going to Japan with my family! Been quite a while since we travelled together as a whole family due to us leaving apart for the few years before! Though the trip wasn't terribly exciting, it was still nice to go as a family. I wonder when's the next time we get to travel with everyone again seeing as my brother's off to NS, my sister's starting JC and going to University in 2 years time, I'm already in University hoping to be able to finish my last year abroad and my parents... who knows? My Dad might just get another posting to somewhere else. I do hope it's soon through!
So far, it has been all the good things. Frankly I can't think of any really bad things but still there are some...
- How much I missed Doha College and my friends back there initially. That was quite a sad time before I got close to anyone. It was a lonely period for me with no social life!
- Times when I felt I was dry and drifting. During that time, everything seemed to be going wrong or felt not right though it was okay. The feeling was just unpleasant.
- Semester 2 was quite a bad semester. My results are okay but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first. Maybe because of the increased workload or maybe because I was focusing on the wrong things.
- The pressure of having to make important decisions that just occurred yesterday when Wenfu told me about the news and when Ailing asked me to join Celebration Ministry. It was so stressful having to consider so many factors! I think I have came to a decision however, there are still some buts.. I thought it was quite a bad end to the year. However today was good!
Overall, 2007 has been a really good year for me! Many many new friends, a few new environments that treated me nicely, a new life. It has been a blessed year.
2008 will most probably be a year of challenges as I make important decisions, try to do well in school while juggling more committments and of course more growing up. Bravely shall I face it!
Hellooooooooooooo 2008!
No comments:
Post a Comment