The holidays are here and the feeling of liberation is slowly starting to sink in. The first few days after the exams had me feeling really lost as I had too much time with nothing to do.
Feeling especially thankful tonight and thinking how wonderful life is actually. I'm really glad to be me tonight. So fortunate and so loved.
I'm thankful for the friends I have who love and spoil me lots! Had a great day out with UBers and had a uber (hurhurhur) good times filled with much fun and laughter. Thank you for all the presents! I honestly wasn't expecting anything. I love them all dearly. Spent 4 hours at mind cafe playing the same game but it was still much fun. On my way home, I concluded that it was the company that made it enjoyable. (:
I'm grateful for a dad who does so much for me! Even before I could read through my I-20 package, my dad has already completed most things for me! In the end, all I had to do was fill in my 156 form, find 2 contacts for the 158 form and make my appointment. The Sevis Fee, Cashier order and everything was done for me. So touched.
Thankful for students who are enthusiastic and keen on learning! Last Saturday tuition was canceled. But my students actually texted me and asked if they could have tuition at the same time in school. They wanted lesson! It was a bit sad that I couldn't sleep in, but really, I had the time, their exams are coming up and I was really more than happy to make the trip down to teach them. My other student is also progressing. It is rather slow progress, but I have come to realize that it's not how much I can teach her that really matters. It's how much I can touch her life. She's opening up to me a lot more. I mean, she actually speaks now and says that I'm a good teacher. Her facebook status states that she wants to study hard! What more can I ask for? Thankful for such good students that makes this whole experience so enriching.
I'm thankful for the nice birthday I have had this year. The actual day was spent at home cramming for my nutrition paper. The texts that came in and all the facebook posts (my facebook profile saw more activity on that day itself than in many months!) showed me how many people thought of me on that day. It was a nice day despite having to study and though I only had that day to cram all 6 modules of NTR in (never read before modules), it was relaxing and nice. Had a nice birthday outing the next day. Movie, dinner, botanic gardens and playground. (:
Had an exciting journey back home today which would have been very annoying if I didn't had such a good day to lift my mood up. Train services were disrupted and I was stranded at Raffles Place station, carrying lots of things with no signs of another train arriving. Decided to see if there were any bus in that area which could lead me home. Walked bravely out of the train station with absolutely no clue where I was at, I bumped my way around based on feeling. Took a lot of wrong turns, headed back, took more wrong turns, ended up at funny places but finally finally found myself at the correct bus and watched the bus leave without me. At one point I found myself strolling down boat quay. It was beautiful and despite being hopelessly lost at that time, I was enjoying the walk. With Kenny G playing through the ipod, the colorful lights, me alone strolling down the quiet river, it was amazing. So in a way, I guess I'm thankful I got lost!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment