Thursday, November 13, 2008

Up and down the black and white keys


Today, I just sat down in front of the piano and played for more than an hour straight and I couldn't get enough of it. I felt happy and calmed while playing and it was a very nice feeling. There was also a sense of achievement as I managed to learn an entire new song in a short while and I was surprised at how determined I was. Especially after repeating the same particular bar for so long and then when I just tried to play it and it came out perfect, I was literally stunned and nearly jumped out of my seat. But more surprising was that I didn't feel bored at all. And after not playing the piano for ages (5 years since I had my last lesson!), I'm pleased that I could still play something new. It was tricky but with the audio, metronome and pouring over the scores, I still managed to do it though there are mistakes occassionally!

It's River Flows in You by Yiruma. I just fell in love with this piece when I first heard it. Some people says it's Bella's lullaby though I'm not sure about that and I don't think it is, I can imagine Edward playing this for Bella! Oh how I wish it's my lullaby! (Well, I did fall asleep while listening to this last night!) Oh well, since I don't have an Edward to play it for me, the next best thing to is to play it for myself.

Oh yes, have I mentioned that I'm in love with Yiruma's music? He's amazing and his piano pieces are so nice. That has been my playlist for a few days now. His music are so soothing and therapeutic in a way. (:

No comments: