Monday, February 25, 2008

With needles sticking out of me

The airshow on friday was quite cool. After reading reports about how terrible the traffic was on the public days, I'm so glad that we got trade invitation to go on the trade days. Below was the thing that I had to wear which has my name on. It's supposed to list the company you're in too but since I'm not working, I got a dash instead. When we were registering to get our tag, the lady registering my brother insisted that he filled in a company as it was supposedly a mandatory field. So he had no choice but to put something down and he entered "Party Junction". HAHA!




I like the air display show but it got boring after a while. I only really enjoyed the Black Knights and the Airbus. Here's the cool cupid's heart formed by the Black Knights!


But of course there were not so happy parts to the thing. I was quite bleah seeing people in jeans and polo tee/tee shirts. Some of them were even in shorts and looked like they were going to the beach! The reason it got to me was because it's a trade show and the dresscode was casual business wear. So I was expected to wear formal looking clothes and stuff my feet into shoes that were literally cutting off m blood circulation and it was not nice seeing ppl looking comfy in their jeans, tee shirt and slippers. The sad sad sad thing is I lost my shades! And it wasn't exactly cheap and it was from Doha Golf Club so it has quite a lot of sentimental values to it. I'm still quite sad. But I got to go up a private jet which was quite nice on the inside but honestly.. quite small. The Ferrari one was so awesome looking! But even from the outside you could see that there was absolutely no standing space as it's kinda short. My dad said once my mum and him took a similar plane to some place somewhere to see something (yeah.. selective hearing) and basically you feel like you're in a cage when you're inside. That does not sound nice.

And on saturday, my mum finally brought me to the chinese doctor (after many months/year of forgetting and my conviniently not remembering as well!). Frankly, I don't really trust him but my mum does and I guess there's no harm trying it out. But! I don't really like him! Firstly, we can't converse very well cos I don't understand what's he saying and he had to ask a million and one questions which I was struggling to answer. I even had to ask my mum how to say recently... And then he wanted to realign my neck which felt more like he was trying to strangle me! I think he was secretly taking revenge on me for not understanding him and giving him the what-are-you-mumbling-about look all the time. Hey, he gave me the your-chinese-is-not-very-good-are-you-sure-you-are-certain-about-what-you're-saying look! HMMPF! The worst thing is, the worst part is not here yet. He then announced rather gaily that he was gonna do some accupunture on me. Even with my protesting, he proceeded to stick needles in me! It would have been less scary if it was somewhere else, but no, he stuck them in my neck and my temples (a.k.a head). I think at that moment, I must have looked like an alien with two metal needles sticking out at the side of her head. I wanted to ask my mum to take a picture but I know I will get scared and will refuse to return ever again. I was whimpering the entire time the needles were in me but he ignored me! I could feel the needle at my right temple moving whenever I moved my jaw. It was scary.. ): And now I got disgusting meds to take which always make me wanna throw up. He told me to return next week and in my mind I was thinking yeah right.. but my mum of course thinks that I should go back.

Mid terms are here. I have to start studying.

No comments: