And then today, I decided to try making some again. Afterall, practice makes perfect! So I made a giraffe cos I thought they look pretty adorable. Here's my little giraffe. (:
Then I saw this little balloon mouse on the net and decided that they were so cute too. And this is the year fo the rat.. so I attempted to make a mouse. Of course, while attempting, more balloons burst. My little mouse which I think is so tiny and adorable.
With these few successes, I decided to become more adventurous! I attempted to make a classic 6 petal flower out of 2 balloons! I nearly gave up because twisting the 6 petals was pretty scary. Needless to say, it didn't turn out so good. The petals are of different sizes but hey, I'm pretty proud that it didn't burst and it somewhat looked like a 6 petal flower.
I tried making a pretty pink and red butterfly. But when I thought I was done with it, it just looked like a blob of bubbles. I twisted and adjusted but no matter how much adjusting I did, I still couldn't make out the butterfly shape. And while trying to un-twist the balloons, I managed to make a hole in one of them and burst the other. :/
And finally, my 3 petal flower. I decided that 6 petal flowers were a tad too difficult to twist and this is easier.
Balloons are actualy quite fun to play with! And so far, they haven't really hurt much when they burst. Just quite shocking.
Enough about the balloons. On sat, Cassie and Ping came with me to the retro party! And Cassie's sooooo lucky because she won the 1st prize from the lucky draw ($50 Taka voucher or a.k.a part of a Gucci wallet). Just before they selected the lucky draw ticket, I was saying to Cassie, I hope it's me! And she said... if it's me, you can go up for me. And when Joseph announced "Cassandra".. I was still thinking "hmm.. I think that's you Cassie." until he said "Cassandra Tong". Lucky lucky lucky! After that, everyone knew her as the lucky person who won the $50 voucher! HAHA!
No comments:
Post a Comment