So, Mary and I went Bugis yesterday! We couldn't find each other at first. What happened was I told Mary I'll be waiting at the control station... but I went outside the MRT station instead. So when she called, I told her I was outside and started walking into the station while she walked out at the same time. We went through two separate doors which were next to each other. So when I looked in, I couldn't see her and I told her I was inside now and she said she was outside. So i turned and walked out while she walked in! Until we both turn around at the same time and faced each other! It was hilarious and we couldn't stop laughing!
Anywhoos, Bugis Village was fun! It's just like xiang yang shi chang and xi an xiao ting in Shanghai! The clothes were cool and you can bargain! But I can't bargain to save my life. It was a nice change to be out of the house.
Dad came home today. He's still laughing at me for having no friends! Today, he asks me to invite people over to our house for a gathering/party. Maybe I really appear friend-less and lonely to him. But I guess anyone who prefers to stay at home and voluntarily rearranges and cleans her room must be pretty lonely. Yes, I decided to rearrange and clean my room today. Don't ask me why, just woke up and felt like it. It's far from done though. I still have stuff to unpack. Let's ignore the fact that my shipment came about 2 months ago shall we?
7 more days till I supposedly get my SPERS results! Feeling = no idea. Honestly, I'm not really bothered at this point though I know I'll start panicking when I see the envelope. But let's consider the possible secenarios.
1) Did well to go into a decent school - Yay! situation. No problem there. Just bring the results and enrol in a nice school.
2) Screwed up a little bit - Might be able to appeal through dance into a decent jc or try asking that person for help into AC.
3) Screwed up majorly (e.g. Can't get into a decent jc or posted to MI) - Hmm.. 2 options here. First option is to go poly and get a nice diploma in hopefully biotech or something. Second option would be to consider an International school. Which isn't such a bad idea but not the most ideal if I wish to get into university in Singapore. My parents told me that ACS International are starting their registration for 2007 and told me to check it out. It looks ok except there's a placement test and I'm through with tests! And the tuition is a whooping $18000 per annum as compared to ACS Independent, which is only $450 per month, $5400 per year! Seeing as the syllabus would be the same, I don't think ACS International is that worth it. Besides, the teachers in ACS International aren't even from the UK or something so it really isn't that special. If it's UWC, then it'll be a different story.
So there! I'm all planned out for. Now we'll just wait for the 29th and see how it goes.
I'm off to read The Runaway Jury by Grisham and then sleep so I can drag myself up at 7am to go jogging. The sun's up so early these days that by 9, it's too warm to even take a walk.
Bonne nuit!
No comments:
Post a Comment