Sunday, February 15, 2009

Forsee the unforseeable

It has been a busy week but one that is surprisingly fulfilling and I wasn't even as stressed as I thought I would be. I felt like I accomplished a lot of things in the past week and was productive (first time since school started this year).

Had a busy weekend to complete the busy week. I volunteered and started tutoring students at Christ Church Secondary School. Yesterday was the first session and we (the volunteer tutors) had a meeting with the students, principal, vice principal and head of math department of the school. The principal seriously scared me! Met my 4 "students" yesterday and they seem okay and should be manageable. I really hope I'll be able to help them and hopefully their grades will improve. On the other hand, there are things I need to read up on and to refresh my memory! Evening was off to Dhoby area. Had a fun night visiting the plastic model shop with the guys, waiting for them as they bought their paints and stuff. Then off to Daiso looking for nail buffer for their plastic model and then off to Starbucks to play Citadel! I sucked during the first round while both Kenneths just kept leading. So after a while I just destroyed and guarded my districts while they fought each other. My lucky charm didn't work! Next round was between Kenneth and me while Kenneth was the neutral party (okay, sounds confusing but there were 2 Kenneths). I still lost though. Made a wrong move at the end. At some point the two of them were plotting against me, making me confused. I swear I'm just not manipulative enough to be good at this game. :P Today after service, I headed down to Cityhall for zy's surprise birthday celebration. I was late but still early! In the evening was off to this Japanese restaurant for buffet dinner. The food was not bad and the service was good! Stuffed.

Anyway, there was this bazaar held at SIM the last few days and there was this palm reading booth. I was surprised to see a long queue for that booth and even more surprised when I saw a girl crying while having her palms read. Personally, sometimes I do get curious too and would feel tempted to have my palm read. But then I would wonder, who is that person that I should place so much trust in him and believe that he really can tell me my future? Why should I believe what he says? And even if I don't, I know I will subconsciously let whatever that he says affect and influence my thoughts and actions. I believe self-fulfilling prophecies play a big role in the experience. Why try to foresee something that's really unforeseeable and not meant to be foreseen?

No comments: